World-Changing Kids is proud to be part of another fantastic event:
Riverside South Spring Festival / Annual Community Clean-up
Date: Saturday, April 25
Time: 9:00 – 1:00
Location: Rideauview Community Centre, 4310 Shoreline Road
Everyone is invited to take part in the fun, as we help the kids “unleash their inner superhero” in the SUPER ZONE. Be creative and come dressed up in your hero identity or as your favourite superhero character.
Fun activities for the children at the SUPER ZONE will include:
* The creation of beautiful World-Changing Kids Kindness Cards and tissue paper flowers, which the Superheroes can then give to their community heroes.
* A reading of “Everyday Superheroes” by author Natasha Grey.
* Story Time with Barefoot Books Ambassador Michelle Rosales-Dugas.
* A Costume Corner where children can choose pieces from a selection of costumes/dress-up articles, to create their own awesome Superhero. They will then be able to pose for a photo as this wonderful character.
* A Chalk Garden where you can use your creativity to draw a unique flower, or write an inspirational message and grow our superhero qualities.
* A Book Bazaar where the books featured will be available for purchase.
Don’t forget that this is also our Annual Community Clean-up. What better way to set an example of community building and involvement by showing some hero work.
The SUPER ZONE is brought to you by:
Lindsey Barr – World-Changing Kids, who has published “Plant a Garden of Kindness”, a child’s guide to filling a year with weekly acts of kindness. This workbooks consists of 75 acts of kindness that children can do in their community to make it a friendlier place. For more information, please visit their website at: www.worldchangingkids.ca
Natasha Grey – Child and Family Therapist, has spearheaded the creation of “Everyday Superheroes” to help inspire and teach children and adults everywhere that there is a Superhero within us all! Proceeds of each “Everyday Superheroes” book sale, will be going to support the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO), Chance Foundation, and the Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa: www.everydaysuperheroes.ca
Michelle Rosales-Dugas – Barefoot Books Ambassador and community member. Barefoot Books produces beautiful, educational, multicultural children’s books and products. At Barefoot Books we believe that we can change the world. And it all starts at story time. Our mission: Share Stories, Connect Families, Inspire Children. Our books capture the imagination, spark curiosity, inspire creativity and instill a respect for cultural, social and ecological diversity. For more information, please visit www.Michelle-Rosales-Dugas.barefoot.books.com
or join on Facebook at www.facebook.com/barefootmichelle
And some great volunteers/heroes!