BUY YOUR FAMILY TICKET HERE:
Upstanders Academy: where kids build the skills & confidence to change the world by working on real life, community connected, passion projects.
Days: 8 Tuesdays
Time: 4:30 – 5:30 pm
Dates: Jul 6 to Aug 24
Ages: 8 to 13
Price: $160 per family
In an effort to take all the awesomeness that we have been creating through our Upstanders Academy sessions and scale it up so that we can reach even more youth, I am building “Upstanders Unite” – an online membership-based program for families, to be launched in September.
“Upstanders Unite” will have a different social justice theme each month and will include the following monthly features:
* 2 Virtual Group Sessions
(1) Welcome Meeting to introduce the monthly theme – where every youth in the program gets to be part of the conversation
(2) Youth-Led Panel Discussion with guest experts – where every youth in the program gets to ask questions
* Monthly Online Field Guide – created by the youth in the program, summarizing our learning on the monthly theme
* Resource Library – access to digital catalogue of all our world-changing content
* Member-only Portal – for ongoing discussions and learning
* Weekly office hours – for collaboration and further exploration
I am looking for a group of awesome kids to help me with this – to be Co-Creators and Founding Members. Together, we will learn about all the things that I need to do to get this set up. And we will try out all the above features together for July and August – making sure the technology works, the flow is good, the features are engaging. The kids will have the opportunity to give me their feedback on all of this. They will help me select the themes for the first year of the program and suggest the guest speakers to include. The learning we will do together will be amazing!
The children will gain confidence and important life skills that will help them become self-motivated changemakers with a life-long love for learning.
The program will take place through Zoom. The meeting link will be emailed to participants before each weekly meeting.